Skip to content
Open Source Tools I Use:
- R (aka GNU S): a statistical processing package
- Outreg: Exports STATA output to LaTeX
- Splat!: a radio signal projector
- Lyx: a great starter LaTeX frontend useful for generating publication style documents
- OpenBUGS:A Program Specializing Bayesian Estimation with Gibbs Sampling
- GeoDA: An open source project developed by Luc Anselin and colleagues, good for introductory spatial models
- spatstat: and spdep: Useful packages for constructing spatial weights and running spatial weighted regressions in R
- Graphviz:Makes cool graphs from a CLI
- Jabref and Kbibtex: Preferred BibTeX citation managers.
- ggplot2: Best package for generating graphics in R (though not the most user friendly).
- MplusAutomation: Exports mplus output to R.
- xtable: Exports R output to LaTeX.
- Sweave: Moves between LaTeX and R to dynamically generate reproducible results.